Well, 2013’s about to end, and it has been plenty of ups and downs in the life of your favorite self-advocate, the Autistic BigBro, in reality and online.
But hey, it’s pretty fulfilling!
Well, let’s have a quick wrap-up of what’s hot and what’s not in my advocacy life:
- Live-blogging two major autism events (Angels Walk and the Philippine National Autism Conference)
- Attending different workshops, seminars, and conferences that had helped equipped yours truly with what I need to further the cause
- Connecting with fellow autistics and potential autistic self-advocates here and abroad, in real life and online
- Having spoken before students about the awesomeness of autism
- Having to witness the bigotry and hypocrisy of some people and groups claiming to advocate for autism
- Standing up to those who undermine my advocacy and the voice I use to uphold it
- The division of the autism community on different matters that affect people on the spectrum
As we look up to a new year, I am looking forward to strengthen my advocacy and my role as your favorite Autistic BigBro, as this blog turns one year old three days later.
Happy New Year to everybody!